Located in beautiful northwest Washington, one of DC's most beautiful residential areas, American University is just minutes from the city's most famous sites by bus, cab, Metro, or car. Our free shuttle service connects the university to Washington's Metro Red Line at the Tenleytown-AU station, which is located just three-quarters of a mile from campus.
The intern lodging program is available for any non-AU student visiting the Washington, DC area for an academic internship, educational program, or scholarly research. All applicants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of application.
APPLY FOR SUMMER INTERN LODGING BEFORE JUNE 1, 2022
- The application for summer intern lodging will close on June 1, 2022. Please complete your housing application (with submission of payment and official internship offer letter) by June 1, as incomplete applications will not be processed after registration closes.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Procedures for Summer 2022
- COVID-19 vaccinations (including all eligible boosters) are required for summer campus residents, except where a religious/medical exemption has been issued by your home university.
- Those who have received medical or religious exemption will need to present a negative PCR test, taken no more than 72 hours prior to your check-in day. In addition, antigen tests will be required twice weekly (provided by American University).
- For vaccinated residents, testing will only be required if you exhibit COVID-19 symptoms.
- In the event of a positive antigen test, isolation housing will be provided at an additional cost.
who can stay here?
intern housing availability
Last Check In: July 3, 2022
Last Check Out: August 13, 2022