- Who is eligible to apply for summer housing at UT Dallas via the Corporate Intern and Summer Guest Housing?
Anyone who is 18+ years of age at time of check-in and can provide proof of an internship within Dallas - Fort Worth for Summer 2023 is eligible to apply. This is not limited to UT Dallas students.
- Can I remove, add, or make changes to my Meal Plan or Activity Center Access at a later date?
Yes. To make changes or additions to your stay, please contact us via email at email@example.com and we will assist you.
- What Are kitchen supplies will be provided for the intern summer housing?
Please bring your own pots, pans, and utensils. Please check our website's What To Bring section for further details. Stoves, refrigerators, ovens, and microwaves are provided in the Canyon Creek Heights units. In Canyon Creek Height North and Canyon Creek Heights South, stoves, refrigerators, ovens, and microwaves will be provided in the units. In University Commons, a micro-fridges and microwaves are also provided in each UC suite. A stove, oven, and microwave will be available in the common area. Micro-fridges and microwaves are also provided in each UC suite. Please check our website's What To Bring section for further details.
- What is the bed size?
The beds and mattresses in University Commons and Canyon Creek Heights North, mattresses are are Twin XL. The beds and mattresses in Canyon Creek Heights South mattresses are full-sized.
- Can I bring my emotional support or service animal?
Yes, upon RCCS approval. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Emotional Support Animal forms. Once the forms are received, we will review your request.
- Are there laundry facilities located in my apartment or within the building? Is there a charge associated with using these laundry facilities?
There are community washers and dryers are located in the lobbies of Canyon Creek Heights and University Commons lobbies. There is no extra charge to use these laundry facilities; however, laundry detergent is not provided.
- Where and when can I apply?
The application process for Summer 2023 will open in mid to late January. Those eligible for the program may apply via the Guest Housing Website by clicking the green “Apply or Sign In” button at the top of the website.
- I understand the deadline to cancel was April 15, but I received a confirmation email on April 16. Do I still need to pay any sort of cancellation fee? I need to cancel my reservation as I have already agreed to other accommodations.
If you have made a payment, there will be no refund upon cancellation after April 15. If you have received a housing offer but have did not make any payment, you will not have any fees if you do not accept the offer. Please email us at email@example.com as soon as possible if you would like to cancel your reservation.
- What type of wall decor is allowed for the rooms?, and are bed -risers allowed?
Please refer to page 14 the Decorating / Painting / Wall Hangings section of the Resident Handbook for any room decoration and modification policies.
- If I am trying to forward my mail for the summer, can I use the address of the location where I will be staying?
Yes. You will receive an email with your address one week prior to your move-in. You will also receive a mailbox key once you move-in.
- Can my mail and packages be sent to my summer housing ahead of my arrival date?
We ask that mail and packages not be sent to your assigned building prior to checking -in. Mail that arriving prior before you check in to your arrival on campus may be returned to the sender.
MOVE IN / OUT
- When will I receive the keys? How does the check -in process works?. Can I check in after business hours or on the weekends?
Detailed instructions regarding check-in will be provided via email ahead of your check-in date. A University Housing staff member will be at your building’s front desk from 9: 00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. daily to help with the check- in process. You will receive the your keys and instructions on how to access your housing and other services during check -in.
- My internship lasts longer than the departure date on the website. Is it possible for me to extend my stay? I am completely willing to pay extra fees.
We cannot extend your stay beyond the check-out date listed on your contract. You will need to find other accommodations for the additional days after your check-out date, as our Housing Operations team will be turning over all housing spaces for our fall semester UT Dallas residents. Summer guest housing is only available for the dates listed on our website.
- What information do I need to provide to apply for a parking permit? I will be driving a rental car and do not have the car information right now.
Please wait until you have all the necessary information, including your driver’s license number and vehicle license plate number, to submit your parking information via the application portal. Please submit Submit the information as soon as possible so that we can assist you with obtaining a parking permit in a timely manner.
- What do the parking passes look like at UT Dallas? Will I receive mine in the mail prior to arriving on campus?
UT Dallas Parking Services does not provide a physical parking pass, decal, or other indicator for its parking permits. As such, guests will not receive a parking pass of any kind from UT Dallas. Instead, license plates are scanned and checked against the information provided when registering for a parking permit to validate parking. Please note that this requires accurate vehicle information to be provided via the parking registration form.
- If I no longer need a parking permit, will I still have to pay for it?
Once you have arrived to campus, all All amenities including parking, dining services, and activity center access are non-refundable once you have arrived on campus,. If you wish to cancel your parking permit registration prior to arriving on campus, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Can I add the parking permit to my contract? Is parking included in the flat rate?
Parking is an amenity that can be added to any stay on campus, resulting in a fee added to your total invoice. Guests can opt into a parking permit via the housing application. If you wish to add parking completing the housing application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
- My vehicle information has changed due to obtaining a new vehicle, auto repairs, or some other long-term situation. How do I update my vehicle information to avoid receiving a parking citation?
Once you have your new vehicle information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of the change in your vehicle registration needs.
- I purchased a parking permit. Where can I park?
Guests staying in Canyon Creek Heights North and Canyon Creek Heights South are permitted to park in the lots adjacent to Canyon Creek Heights South. Guests staying in University Commons are permitted to park in the Red Spaces located in Lot T. Please see the Campus Parking Map for more details. Please note that parking in any area lot or color besides what is listed above may result in a parking citation.
- I need to park near main campus. How do I organize parking in Green, Purple, or Gold lots or spaces?
To organize any parking needs outside of residential lots (Lot T and the Canyon Creek Heights-adjacent lots) please contact the University Parking office via email@example.com.
- Can I make multiple different transactions for the balance or split the payment on multiple different credit cards/accounts?
Payments towards your housing balance can be split using credit cards, debit cards, or checks. Please note that we cannot accept card payments in person, so you will need to pay via the guest housing portal when utilizing a credit or debit card. Checks may be made out to Residential Camps and Conference Services and given to staff when checking in.
- How can I make payment? Will there be an online payment fee?
You will receive payment information and instructions to make your payment online via the guest housing portal once the invoice has been issued to you. There is no fee attached to the online payment.
- Is there an option for a payment plan for the room?
Payment plans are not available. The invoice balance is due in full prior to or during at check- in.
- Are there group discounts for group reservation for a corporations' interns?
We do not offer discounts for summer housing for corporations. The price varies based on the room selected, and there are additional fees for parking, activity center access, and meal plans when selected. Our rates and application are both listed online. To estimate the total cost, please use our online calculator. If your corporation is paying the balance for the an intern’s summer housing, we will need to know to whom we should send the invoice.
PROCEDURE & POLICIES
- When should I expect to hear back regarding my application status/invoice/move- in procedures? How can I move forward with the process?
Applications are processed starting in mid-March once the summer housing availability is solidified. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your application status as soon as it is processed, and then and further communication as the application process is completed. Applications arriving received after mid-March are generally processed within two business days.
- What is the guest policy on campus?
Residents are allowed an one overnight guest in their suite/apartment at a maximum of two nights per month. These visits can be either two consecutive nights or two one-night visits. Visits may not be longer than two consecutive nights. Please refer to the University Housing “Guests” section of the Policy in the Resident Handbook for further information.
- I have general questions about the area, campus, or policies on campus. Who can I reach out to?
Summer Guests staying on campus are encouraged to speak with the Conference Assistants or Peer Advisors at their building’s front desk. If you have additional questions regarding the guest housing program, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Can I request a room change as I have found another housing option on campus that I prefer?
The ability to accommodate room changes depends on our current availabilities. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will I have a roommate? Is there any way I can find out who my roommate will be? Can I make a roommate request?
All spaces on campus are subject to roommates except for our 1x1 floorplan. You will receive information about potential roommates closer to your move in date. We will notify you via email whether you will have a roommate closer to your move-in date. You can request to room with someone you know by emailing us at email@example.com.
- I noticed there is an outdoor pool near the building where I am assigned. Do I need to purchase an Activity Center membership to use the pool, or is it included with my agreement?
Any guest is welcome to use the available outdoor swimming pools; however, use of the indoor pool is limited to those who purchase activity Activity center Center access.