Applications are closed for Summer 2022! Thank you for your interest.
Oxy (that’s shorthand for ‘Occidental College’) welcomes LA-bound interns to spend the summer with us. You’ll enjoy the best of both worlds: Oxy’s small campus provides an affordable, clean and laid-back home-base while you take care of business on weekdays. When you’re ready to unwind, our hip urban location offers easy access to every epic scene Los Angeles has to offer. Whether your goal is an in-depth comparison of authentic ramen noodles, or to visit every beach in LA (impossible!), living at Oxy puts it all within reach.
2022 Summer Housing Applications closed 5/12/22.
- All persons must be fully vaccinated in order to submit an application for Summer Intern Housing. “Fully vaccinated” means you have received your primary series of the COVID-19 vaccine (two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine).
- You must stay up to date with your vaccines by obtaining all additional recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) within 14 days of eligibility.
- The College will not accept exemptions to these vaccination requirements.
- View full COVID-19 Health & Safety Requirements here.
- As the national and local landscape of COVID-19 continues to evolve, guidance, expectations, and requirements will be adjusted. The College may update expectations regarding COVID-19 to reflect the latest guidance from county, state, and federal health officials.
who can stay here?
intern housing availability
Maximum Length of Stay: 11 weeks
Last Check In: July 3, 2022
Last Check Out: August 6, 2022
things to do around Los Angeles
Coolest neighborhood in the WORLD? Yep… that’s what TimeOut says. Oxy is nestled on the border between the Eagle Rock and Highland Park neighborhoods of Los Angeles. You’ll be steps from York Boulevard, with its vegan cafes, live music, third wave coffee houses, handsome cocktail spots, vintage vinyl shops, and buzzing food truck scene. Catch the Gold Line and explore all of LA… from sandy beaches and canyon hiking trails, to world-class museums and shopping galore. Still want more? How about scuba diving off Catalina Island or a weekend trip to Joshua Tree National Monument (1.5 hours away)? Los Angeles awaits you.
5 spots within 5 blocks of campus:
10 destinations within 10 miles of campus:
- The Broad Museum
- Dodgers Stadium
- Griffith Observatory
- Hollywood Bowl
- The Last Bookstore
- Rose Bowl Flea Market
- Hollywood Forever Cemetery: Music, comedy, movies, and more
- Eaton Canyon
- Staples Center
- Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Explore more (https://www.atlasobscura.com/things-to-do/los-angeles-california)