IMPORTANT: Because we are on the quarter system and our Commencement is not until June 12 this year, the earliest we have housing available is June 17 and the latest is September 4. We are unable to make exceptions to these dates.
- Rates for any of the facilities include:
- Free wi-fi
- Linens (sheets, blanket, pillow; hand towel, slightly larger towel, and washcloth)
- Fitness Center is not included but we extend student rates to intern guests
- Parking is not included but we provide student rates to intern guests
- Dining service is not required, but guests are welcome to eat on campus
- Many dining options are literally around the corner
We are still determining which specific spaces we will be able to offer to our intern guests, but will definitely be offering:
- We have a few of our most economical offering, Standard Residence Hall rooms
In standard level residence halls (both private and shared rooms), each room has its own sink and compact microwave/refrigerator; bathrooms are down the hall. Floor is accessed via elevator that only operates with key card
- WE ARE UNFORTUNATELY SOLD OUT OF STUDIO APARTMENTS
Each has a private bathroom and kitchen in your own apartment; these have interior hallways and card access only to the building
- We can work with groups of three or four to assign a Quad Apartment - fill out the form below and when you receive the reply, reply back and indicate you are looking for a quad.
Four private bedrooms share two bathrooms, a kitchen, and a sitting room; apartments have interior hallways and card access only to the buildin
- We are unfortunately sold out of apodments.
Each apodment room is single occupancy only. Each has a private bathroom, a small refrigerator and a microwave. No kitchens are in the apodments but shared kitchens are on each floor. This building has an interior hallway and card access only to the building.
A long-term discount of 10% off is offered for stays of 42 nights or more in any of the facilities. This discount is applied to the entire stay and is automatically applied during registration.
Founded in 1891, Seattle University is located on a beautiful campus of more than 50 acres in the dynamic heart of Seattle. The campus boasts an oasis of green in an urban setting, and is an official Backyard Wildlife Sanctuary.
Conveniently located, we are within walking distance of the vibrant Seattle downtown core. Public transit serves our campus, which is surrounded by interesting and engaging restaurants, nightclubs, parks, museums, and more!
Seattle is an exciting city surrounded by unmatched natural beauty, also home to live music, nightclubs, movies, shopping, and outdoor adventures like biking, rock climbing, hiking, beach-combing, or river rafting.
We want you to feel comfortable and well cared-for during your stay at Seattle University in the Emerald City. Drop by the desk to ask our service team for help with directions, suggestions, or anything and we will be sure to help!
"My stay was amazing. The staff was friendly, the people where great and everything was easily manageable. I had no trouble at all during my stay." - Wayne G.
"Ended up getting an above expected experience." - Nicolas B.
who can stay here?
intern housing availability
Maximum Length of Stay: All summer! Plus: a 10% discount for stays of 42 nights or more
Last Check In: August 28, 2023
Last Check Out: September 4, 2023
Archbishop Thomas Murphy Apartments
We will offer housing in 2023!
Apartment options include:
- For one person in a large space with kitchen, sitting area, and bed; bathroom is a separate room
- $78.90 per night, no tax
- A 10% discount will be applied for stays of 42 nights or more, reducing it to $71.00 per night
- Quad Apartments
- For three or four people. Each person has a separate private bedroom; the four bedrooms share a kitchen, living room, and two bathrooms.
- $76.40 per person, per night, no tax
- A 10% discount will be applied for stays of 42 nights or more, reducing it to $68.75 per night
- Every apartment has a full kitchen, including stove, full size refrigerator, and microwave
- Full linen service is provided. Beds are made up with sheets, blankets, and pillows; towels are provided as well. Custodians provide fresh linens weekly, but guests may exchange towels or request additional fresh or linens at any time. Apartments also have trash and recycling emptied each week
- Each apartment has one or two private bathrooms
- Laundry facilities are in the complex; machines can be reserved and are paid via app
- There is a large TV lounge in the same area as the laundry
- Although there is no desk in the apartments, interns may visit nearby Chardin Hall or Bellarmine Hall for assistance from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Staff are on call every night for lockouts or other assistance from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
We WILL offer housing in 2023!
In Bellarmine, a standard residence hall:
- Single occupancy rate: $53.20 per night, no tax
A 10% discount will be applied for stays of 42 nights or more, reducing it to $47.88 per night
- Double occupancy rate: $40.55 per person, per night, no tax
A 10% discount will be applied for stays of 42 nights or more, reducing it to $36.50 per night
- The building front desk is staffed from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and the Assistants can answer questions about the area, provide travel and transit directions, and provide general assistance.
Every night from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m., someone is on call for emergencies, and Seattle University Public Safety officers patrol
- Every bedroom has a sink and mirror
- Every bedroom has a compact microwave and refrigerator, as well as a box fan
- Every floor has a men’s bathroom, a women’s bathroom, and a separate third bathroom for anyone who wishes a bit more privacy. This gender-neutral third bathroom has a sink, shower, and toilet and lockable door; it is entirely separate from other bathroom facilities and much like a regular bathroom in a home
- Laundry facilities are in the building; machines can be reserved and are paid via app
- An ice machine is in the laundry room in the building
- A small kitchen is in the laundry room as well. It has some equipment (plates, flatware, pots/pans, cooking tools, etc.) and small appliances (blender, toaster, rice maker, and tea pot), as well as a microwave, refrigerator, and stove
- Every floor has a small TV lounge; the lobby has a large-screen TV lounge
Apodment registration is now open!
Apodment options include:
- Single occupancy only
- Each unit has a sink, microwave, refrigerator, desk, and bed; bathroom is a separate room
- $72.45 per night, no tax
- A 10% discount will be applied for stays of 42 nights or more, reducing it to $65.21 per night
- Linens are provided: sheets, blankets, and pillows; towels are provided as well. Interns may exchange towels or request fresh or additional linens at any time
- Each apodment has a private bathroom
- There is a kitchen on each floor (four floors, each with about ten apodments)
- Laundry facilities are in the complex
- There is a large TV lounge in the same area as the laundry
- Although there is no service desk in the apodments, interns may visit nearby Xavier Hall or Bellarmine Hall for assistance from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Staff who live in the building are on call every night for lockouts or other assistance from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
• Wi-fi, both wired and wireless, is provided at no charge
• The Eisiminger Fitness Center has access for interns for a small fee
• Full linen service is provided. Sheets, blanket, pillowcase and pillow, and towels and washcloth are provided. Interns may exchange or request fresh or additional linens at any time.
• Computer labs are available for interns to use at no charge
• Public bus lines are 0.2 miles from campus in one direction and 0.3 miles in another direction. The Seattle Streetcar stop is 0.2 miles away, and the Light Rail station is 0.9 miles. The Space Needle is only 2 miles away!
things to do around Seattle
Our campus is located in a neighborhood with all kinds of wonderful food options, and the nearby Seattle music scene is thriving as well. We are walking distance from both visitor destinations and major Seattle companies, and public transit runs on three sides of campus and connects to major transportation hubs including Sea-Tac International Airport, the train and bus stations, and even the largest ferry system in the United States (and ferries that run to Canada as well).
Blessed with both urban exciting activities and gorgeous natural locations, both Seattle and Washington State have SO much to offer our visitors. And all of this with an average summer temperature of 70ºF for the high and 56º for the low, with comfortable humidity!